Items 1-12 of 36
Items 1-12 of 36
Friction traction drives
Friction traction drives are all forms of belt drives in which the torque is transmitted by the frictional forces acting in the contact surface between the belt and the pulley. Compared to positive traction drives, frictional drives have the significant advantage of tolerating a temporary slippage due to excessive overload. It is the nature of this kind of drive that higher pre-tension forces have to be applied to ensure a flawless operation. Therefore, higher bearing loads have to be accepted. Also, the belt is subject to a certain amount of constant slippage, as a result of which a perfect synchronous transmission cannot be achieved.
Angst+Pfister offers a wide range of rubber V-belts specificly developed to meet all the market’s current economic and environmental demands. Our biggest aim is to achieve the maximum in terms of performance, technical design, security and convenience for our industrial partners. You can find the full standard V-belt assortment directly here in our APSOparts online shop!
Wrapped V-belts (classic acc. to DIN2215, narrow acc. to DIN7753)
For safe, high power transmission. TextWrapped heavy-duty narrow-section V-belts feature an upgraded synthetic rubber compound and reinforced tension members.
• Suitable for high-performance drives in a wide range of applications
• Increased wear resistance due to special rubber fabric jacket
• Increased protection against external influences, such as heavy dirt/dust and chemicals
Raw-edge V-belts (classic acc. to DIN2215, narrow acc. to DIN7753)
Raw-edge with molded teeth. The molded teeth ensure high flexibility, good adaptation to the pulley grooves and low operating temperatures. This significantly extends the belt life
• Suitable for light drive with high speeds and small pulleys
• Improved transverse stiffness due to elastomer-fibre compound. Fibres transverse to running direction
• Increased flexibility through the molded teeth
• Smoother running
Poly V-belts (acc. to DIN 7867 / ISO 9982)
Poly V-belts are the further development of V-belts. They are also called multiple V-ribbed belts and allow low-cost design, even with difficult drive system requirements such as high transmission ratios, high belt speeds, small pulley diameters and reverse-tensioning idlers. Hence, they are particularly suitable for serpentine drives and add an effective belt type to the range capable of transmitting high loads in compact friction drives.
• Especially suitable for serpentine drives
• Suitable for high transmission ratios
• High belt speeds
• Small pulley diameters
• Reverse tension idlers can be used